This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4904 / 51°29'25"N
Longitude: -2.1129 / 2°6'46"W
OS Eastings: 392260
OS Northings: 176829
OS Grid: ST922768
Mapcode National: GBR 2S4.DNF
Mapcode Global: VH965.BSCV
Entry Name: Union Chapel
Listing Date: 29 February 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1363855
English Heritage Legacy ID: 315894
Location: Kington Langley, Wiltshire, SN15
Civil Parish: Kington Langley
Built-Up Area: Kington Langley
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Kington Langley and Draycot Cerne
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
KINGTON LANGLEY MIDDLE COMMON
ST 97 NW (south side)
8/83 Union Chapel
Chapel, dated 1835, rubble stone, squared on front elevation, with
slate roof and coped gables. Front has flush ashlar angle piers,
band under pedimental gable, inscribed 'Let us enter into the house
of God' and plaque above inscribed 'Union Chapel 1835' and 'J.
Pinnegar Builder' below. Door with overlight in later gabled
ashlar porch and paired-arched 2-light window above. Two-window
sides with arched Y-tracery windows, the west side with projecting
addition in place of second window, 2-storey with arched upper
window over ground floor 12-pane window, door to left. Coped west
gable and stack. Built for the Countess of Huntingdon's connexion.
Listing NGR: ST9226076829
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings