This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3227 / 51°19'21"N
Longitude: -2.2034 / 2°12'12"W
OS Eastings: 385923
OS Northings: 158195
OS Grid: ST859581
Mapcode National: GBR 1ST.1R3
Mapcode Global: VH972.R0JV
Entry Name: 18, the Halve
Listing Date: 29 December 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1364198
English Heritage Legacy ID: 314037
Location: Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14
Civil Parish: Trowbridge
Built-Up Area: Trowbridge
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Trowbridge St James
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
(North East Side)
ST 8558 5/58 29.12.50.
Late C18, part of major terrace Nos 18-21. 3 storey and basement. Red brick on
stuccoed plinth. Stone string at 1st and 2nd floor levels. Rendered brick frieze
and moulded cornice. Stone parapet (moulded coping retained on return only).
Pantile roof with large central brick chimney stack. Glazing bar sash windows;
2 on 2nd floor, 1 coupled window on 1st and ground floor. All windows in plain
stone surrounds. 6-panel door in right-hand corner, top panels glazed, in stone
surround with small cornice and pediment on cut stone brackets, bed mould broken
forward round brackets. Approached sideways by 4 moulded slate steps, with plain
wrought iron guard rail. Half glazed door and 1 window in basement, with guard
Nos 13 and 14 form a group with Nos 17 to 21 (consec).
Listing NGR: ST8592358195
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings