This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2102 / 51°12'36"N
Longitude: -2.2706 / 2°16'14"W
OS Eastings: 381192
OS Northings: 145703
OS Grid: ST811457
Mapcode National: GBR 0SR.2RC
Mapcode Global: VH97F.LVG3
Entry Name: The Old Chapel
Listing Date: 5 November 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1364284
English Heritage Legacy ID: 313725
Location: Corsley, Wiltshire, BA12
Civil Parish: Corsley
Built-Up Area: Lye's Green
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Corsley and Chadmanslade St Margaret of Antioch
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
CORSLEY LANE END
ST 84 NW
7/87 The Old Chapel
Wesleyan chapel, dated 1849, now detached house. Dated 1848,
altered mid C20. Dressed limestone front, pebbledashed right
returns, rubble stone left return, concrete tiled roof, brick
stack. Two-storey, 2-window front. Central 4-panelled door with
16-pane semi-circular headed window with keystone either side.
First floor has two semi-circular headed windows, central stone
tablet with incised lettering WESLEYAN / CHAPEL / 1849. Right and
left returns have two tall 24-pane semi-circular headed fixed
windows. C19 schoolroom with three 4-pane sashes attached to rear.
Interior converted to dwelling, but retains gallery over entrance.
Listing NGR: ST8119245703
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings