History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Brewhouse with Stables to Norton Bavant House

A Grade II Listed Building in Norton Bavant, Wiltshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.1893 / 51°11'21"N

Longitude: -2.1352 / 2°8'6"W

OS Eastings: 390647

OS Northings: 143355

OS Grid: ST906433

Mapcode National: GBR 1VG.70Z

Mapcode Global: VH97P.YC2L

Entry Name: The Brewhouse with Stables to Norton Bavant House

Listing Date: 1 July 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1364339

English Heritage Legacy ID: 313432

Location: Norton Bavant, Wiltshire, BA12

County: Wiltshire

Civil Parish: Norton Bavant

Traditional County: Wiltshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire

Church of England Parish: Norton Bavant All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Salisbury

Find accommodation in
Bishopstrow

Listing Text

NORTON BAVANT NORTON BAVANT VILLAGE
ST 94 SW
(west side)
4/210 The Brewhouse with stables to
Norton Bavant House

GV II

Cottage with stable block to rear. Mid C17. Flemish bond brick
with stone quoins, hipped tiled roof, brick stacks. L-plan. 2-
storey, 5-windowed. Central planked door in chamfered stone case,
one hollow-chamfered cross window and one tall casement with
transom either side. Moulded string course at lintel level. First
floor has three 2-light hollow-chamfered mullioned casements and 1-
light hollow-chamfered casement either side. All casements retain
leaded lights. Left return has cross window and C20 casement to
first floor. Rear has late C17 outshut with C20 doors and
casements. Right return has two bull's eye windows to first floor,
external brick stacks. Rear 2-storey stable block has cross window
either side of wide stable door, string course to first floor; two
2-light hollow-chamfered mullioned casements either side of
inserted loft door. Attached to left of stable is C18 carriage
house with two elliptical-arched openings with keystones and
imposts, now with C20 garage doors, single Roman tiled roof.
Interior of stables has herringbone tiled floor, cast iron and
wooden loose boxes. Interior of cottage not inspected.


Listing NGR: ST9064743355

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.