This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1687 / 51°10'7"N
Longitude: -2.1224 / 2°7'20"W
OS Eastings: 391537
OS Northings: 141061
OS Grid: ST915410
Mapcode National: GBR 1VN.Q70
Mapcode Global: VH97Q.5WBF
Entry Name: Granary and Stable at Ashbys
Listing Date: 11 August 1968
Last Amended: 1 July 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1364345
English Heritage Legacy ID: 313470
Location: Sutton Veny, Wiltshire, BA12
Civil Parish: Sutton Veny
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Sutton Veny St John the Evangelist
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
SUTTON VENY TYTHERINGTON VILLAGE
ST 94 SW
Granary and stable at Ashbys,
11.8.68 (formerly listed as granary
at Tytherington Farm)
Stable and granary, c1800. Rubblestone with brick dressings,
pyramidal tiled roof. Two-storey, 3-windowed. Central stable door
with segmental arch, triangular-headed windows either side. Square
planked loading door over, flanked by two small bull's eye openings.
Attached to right is integral single storey store shed with planked
door and circular window to curved wall. Interior retains upper
floor, used as cowshed during C20.
Listing NGR: ST9153741061
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings