This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2047 / 51°12'17"N
Longitude: -2.1796 / 2°10'46"W
OS Eastings: 387551
OS Northings: 145073
OS Grid: ST875450
Mapcode National: GBR 1V6.FS6
Mapcode Global: VH97H.5ZLB
Entry Name: The Anchor Public House
Listing Date: 31 March 1978
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1364436
English Heritage Legacy ID: 312941
Location: Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12
Civil Parish: Warminster
Built-Up Area: Warminster
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Warminster St Denys
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
WARMINSTER MARKET PLACE
No 47 (The Anchor
ST 8745 SE 7/12
Early C19. 3 storeys. Ashlar Bath stone with rusticated angle pilasters,
plain strings at each floor and slate roof (old tiles at rear). 4 ranges
of windows to upper floors, glazing bar sashes. 2 windows on ground floor
in slight recesses flanking modern door. Wide yard entry under segmental
arch to right, large gates with dog rails. Timber framed walls of earlier
building, apparent in yard passage, which like the Old Bell (qv) used to have
an open arcade across the pavement (VCH).
Extension to rear: 2 1/2 storeys, part timber framed with mansard old tile roof;
a double and a single large glazing bar sash window on 1st floor with dentil
eaves cornice over. Large gable end brick chimney and a further projecting
gabled 2 storey extension of brick.
Listing NGR: ST8755145073
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings