This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.3459 / 51°20'45"N
Longitude: -2.2522 / 2°15'7"W
OS Eastings: 382531
OS Northings: 160789
OS Grid: ST825607
Mapcode National: GBR 1SC.FG3
Mapcode Global: VH96V.XF6K
Entry Name: 44, St Margaret's Street
Listing Date: 18 April 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1364502
English Heritage Legacy ID: 312695
Location: Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, BA15
Civil Parish: Bradford-on-Avon
Built-Up Area: Bradford on Avon
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Bradford-on-Avon Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
1. ST MARGARET'S STREET
5411 (West Side)
ST 8260 2/9 18.4.52.
C18. Ashlar, stone-tiled roof, eaves with 3 hipped dormers, casements,
glazing bars. 2 storeys and basement 5 windows, sashes with architrave
surrounds; those on ground floor have cambered heads, keystones and flat
cornices. Central doorway with cambered head, architrave surround. Steps
up to 6 panelled door with fanlight over. Angle pilasters and plinth course.
3 paired mullioned windows to basement.
The Three Horseshoes and Nos 1 to 4 (consec) Frome Road form a group with
the Liberal Club, The Baptist Chapel, the Congregational Church and Hall
and Nos 6 to 16 (consec) 19 to 22 (consec), 36, 42 to 49 (consec) and Westbury
House, St Margarets Street and No 1 St Margarets Hill.
Listing NGR: ST8253160792
Other nearby listed buildings