This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3462 / 51°20'46"N
Longitude: -2.2523 / 2°15'8"W
OS Eastings: 382526
OS Northings: 160823
OS Grid: ST825608
Mapcode National: GBR 1SC.FDX
Mapcode Global: VH96V.XF5B
Entry Name: St Margaret's
Listing Date: 18 April 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1364503
English Heritage Legacy ID: 312698
Location: Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, BA15
Civil Parish: Bradford-on-Avon
Built-Up Area: Bradford on Avon
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Bradford-on-Avon Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
1. ST MARGARET'S STREET
5411 (West Side)
ST 8260 2/3 18.4.52.
Late C17 or early C18. Rubble, high-pitched slate roof, eaves, 3 cambered-headed
dormers with leaded casements. 2 storey. Long, low frontage, 8 windows,
double-hung sashes, no glazing bars, moulded architrave surrounds. Square-headed
doorway 3 bays from right, with deep roll bolection moulding surround,
wooden door with iron hinges and brass lion-head knocker. Modern angular
bay window to right of door with slate roof.
The Three Horseshoes and Nos 1 to 4 (consec) Frome Road form a group with
the Liberal Club, The Baptist Chapel, the Congregational Church and Hall
and Nos 6 to 16 (consec) 19 to 22 (consec), 36, 42 to 49 (consec) and Westbury
House, St Margarets Street and No 1 St Margarets Hill.
Listing NGR: ST8252660823
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings