This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3467 / 51°20'48"N
Longitude: -2.252 / 2°15'7"W
OS Eastings: 382544
OS Northings: 160873
OS Grid: ST825608
Mapcode National: GBR 1SC.FGY
Mapcode Global: VH96V.XD9Z
Entry Name: Outbuilding to North East of Westbury House
Listing Date: 18 April 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1364504
English Heritage Legacy ID: 312703
Location: Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, BA15
Civil Parish: Bradford-on-Avon
Built-Up Area: Bradford on Avon
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Bradford-on-Avon Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
1. ST MARGARET'S STREET
5411 (West Side)
Outbuilding to North-East
of Westbury House
ST 8260 2/7C 18.4.52.
In front of and to right of the east elevation of Westbury House is an
ashlar-faced outbuilding of later C18 date, the ground floor of which
is used as a public shelter. 2 storeys, 5 windows on lst floor of frontage,
1 window in each side elevation, double-hung sashes in reveals, glazing
bars. Plain string at sill levels, moulded cornice and plain parapet
with stone urns and pineapples at corners. The ground floor opening has
4 Tuscan columns (end ones engaged) with entablature and pediment. In
the left hand side elevation is a rusticated doorway with keystone and
The Three Horseshoes and Nos 1 to 4 (consec) Frome Road form a group with
the Liberal Club, The Baptist Chapel, the Congregational Church and Hall
and Nos 6 to 16 (consec) 19 to 22 (consec), 36, 42 to 49 (consec) and Westbury
House, St Margarets Street and No 1 St Margarets Hill.
Listing NGR: ST8254460873
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings