This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.1833 / 52°11'0"N
Longitude: -1.4677 / 1°28'3"W
OS Eastings: 436488
OS Northings: 254032
OS Grid: SP364540
Mapcode National: GBR 6PZ.1RJ
Mapcode Global: VHBY4.HDX3
Entry Name: The Old House
Listing Date: 20 May 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1364718
English Heritage Legacy ID: 307061
Location: Gaydon, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, CV35
Civil Parish: Gaydon
Built-Up Area: Gaydon
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Gaydon with Chadshunt
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
GAYDON CHURCH ROAD
SP35SE (North side)
8/65 The Old House
House. Probably mid C17; dated 1665 on doorway. C18/early C19 alterations and
additions. Coursed limestone and lias rubble, with contrasting limestone quoins
to right range. Old tile hipped roof; brick ridge stack to right range.
Irregular 4-unit plan. 2 storeys; two 2-window ranges. Entrance in right corner
of taller left range has C20; ribbed door in simple chamfered surround with
incised date. C18/early C19 and C19 windows with horizontal glazing bar. Each
range has 3-light wood mullioned and transomed window under brick segmental arch
on left ground floor. Left range has C19 two-light casements with chamfered
painted wood lintel. First floor has cross windows. Right range has 3-light
casements. Sundial with initials FW incised on quoin on left. Rear irregular.
Interior; ceiling beams. Room to right has large open fireplace with stepped
stop-chamfered cambered bressumer, and later, possibly C18, moulded cornice.
Inside it are 2 cupboards with panelled doors, with butterfly hinges. Quarter
turn staircase with winders. Room to left has panelled shutters. First floor
room has C17 2-plank door with wooden latch.
Listing NGR: SP3648854032
Other nearby listed buildings