This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.1674 / 52°10'2"N
Longitude: -1.4322 / 1°25'55"W
OS Eastings: 438930
OS Northings: 252281
OS Grid: SP389522
Mapcode National: GBR 6Q6.4QD
Mapcode Global: VHBY5.4S69
Entry Name: Former Stable Block and Attached Walls and Left Gatepier at the Manor House
Listing Date: 30 May 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1364725
English Heritage Legacy ID: 307024
Location: Burton Dassett, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, CV47
Civil Parish: Burton Dassett
Built-Up Area: Northend
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Burton Dassett All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
BURTON DASSETT NORTHEND
8/27 Former stable block and
30/305/67 attached walls and left
gatepier at The Manor House
Former barn and stable range, now house and garaging, and walls and gatepier.
Early/mid C18; altered late C19/early C20; altered and converted late C20.
Gatepier probably mid C18. Coursed squared ironstone with splayed cornice. Old
tile roof has coped gable parapets; C20 brick internal stack to front and rear.
T-plan, with central wing to road. One storey, and one storey and attic; 5 bays.
Front to yard has double garage doors with concrete lintel on left. C19
segmental-arched iron window above. Late C19/C20 wood mullioned and transomed
window with glazing bars. Reduced central barn doorway has wood lintel, with
second lintel inserted below, and sliding door. House on right is 2-window
range. Central half-glazed lean-to porch. Half-glazed door inside. Late C19/C20
three-light casement to right. Late C20 two-light casements. Glazing bars
throughout. Gabled half-dormers. Painted wood lintels. To road: central wing has
former barn doorway with wood lintel, probably blocked in C19. Late C19
two-light casement with cross glazing. Left part is a 2-window range.
Half-glazed door in angle. 2-light casements. Gabled half-dormers. Interior not
inspected. Attached walls have coped tops. High wall, between first and second
bays. Lower forecourt wall attached to right end to road. Tall square ashlar
gatepier has moulded cornice and ball finial.
Listing NGR: SP3893052281
Other nearby listed buildings