This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2832 / 52°16'59"N
Longitude: -1.5878 / 1°35'15"W
OS Eastings: 428218
OS Northings: 265085
OS Grid: SP282650
Mapcode National: GBR 5M4.TMN
Mapcode Global: VHBXH.FWG2
Entry Name: 2-14, the Butts
Listing Date: 19 March 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1364792
English Heritage Legacy ID: 307401
Location: Warwick, Warwick, Warwickshire, CV34
Civil Parish: Warwick
Built-Up Area: Warwick
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Warwick St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
1781 THE BUTTS
(South West Side)
Nos 2 to 14 (even)
SP 2865 SW 3/254
Simple, early C19 9 window ashlar terrace. No 14 is 2 storeys, remainder
are 3 storeys. Similar 4-panel entrance doors have semi-circular fanlights
with moulded archivolts. Sashes in cased frames, glazing bars. Openings
have plain keyblocks. Modillions and moulded stone cornice at eaves.
Old tiles. No 12 has later, incongruous oriel bay to upper floors.
County Library Headquarters, Nos 2 to 14 (even). The Old Deanery and
The Glebe House, and the Stone Wall to the Deanery Garden, all form a group.
Listing NGR: SP2821865085
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings