This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2808 / 52°16'51"N
Longitude: -1.5873 / 1°35'14"W
OS Eastings: 428252
OS Northings: 264824
OS Grid: SP282648
Mapcode National: GBR 5M4.TSC
Mapcode Global: VHBXH.FXQW
Entry Name: 8, Castle Street
Listing Date: 10 January 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1364794
English Heritage Legacy ID: 307409
Location: Warwick, Warwick, Warwickshire, CV34
Civil Parish: Warwick
Built-Up Area: Warwick
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Warwick St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
1781 CASTLE STREET
SP 2864 NW 1/4 10.1.53.
C18 house, used from 1826 for the premises of the "Warwick Dispensary for
the sick and poor of Warwick and its neighbourhood." Known from 1859 to
1948 as the Warwick Provident Dispensary (VCH, viii. p.517). Ashlar facade
of 5 windows, 2 storeys and attics. Glazing bars to windows. Rusticated
base to front wall of local, sandstone. Sashes in plain reveals. Pilasters
with fluted and enriched capitals at quoins (left hand capital is of new
stone). Coved cornice, rusticated base. Central entrance has pilasters
with fluted capitals and entablature, 6-fielded-panelled door and semi-circular
fanlight. Three pedimented dormers, the centre one being segmental; roof
of well weathered, modern, tiles. No architrave to entablature.
Interior: C18 staircase and panelling.
Listing NGR: SP2825264823
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings