History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

St Michael's Place

A Grade II* Listed Building in Warwick, Warwickshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.2862 / 52°17'10"N

Longitude: -1.5953 / 1°35'43"W

OS Eastings: 427702

OS Northings: 265422

OS Grid: SP277654

Mapcode National: GBR 5M3.RGL

Mapcode Global: VHBXH.9SHQ

Entry Name: St Michael's Place

Listing Date: 10 January 1953

Last Amended: 5 December 1973

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1364850

English Heritage Legacy ID: 307622

Location: Warwick, Warwick, Warwickshire, CV34

County: Warwickshire

District: Warwick

Civil Parish: Warwick

Built-Up Area: Warwick

Traditional County: Warwickshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire

Church of England Parish: Warwick St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Coventry

Find accommodation in
Warwick

Listing Text

1.
1781 SALTISFORD
(North East Side)
Nos 4, 5 and 6
St Michael's Court
SP 2765 SE 5/204 10.1.55.

II* GV

2.
Part of the Leper Hospital of Saint Michael founded in C12. Subsequently
divided into three tenements. C15 structure on C12 foundations; often called
the Priest's or Master's House. Heavy, fairly close set timber framing, brick
and some cement infilling. Later wooden casements and doors. 2 storeys, old
tiled roof.
One of the very few leper hospitals of the early middle ages still surviving.
VCH, viii, p.438.

Nos 4, 5 and 6 St Michael's Court with Nos 108 and 108A form a group of
considerable historic significance.

Nos 4, 5 and 6 St Michael's Court shall be amended to read

Nos 4, 5 and 6 St Michael's Place

The group value note to be amended accordingly.

------------------------------------

1.
1781 SALTISFORD
(North East Side)
Nos 4, 5 and 6
St Michael's Court
SP 2765 SE 5/204 10.1.53.

II* GV

2.
Part of the Leper Hospital of Saint Michael founded in C12. Subsequently
divided into three tenements. C15 structure on C12 foundations; often
called the Priest's or Master's House. Heavy, fairly close set timber
framing, brick and some cement infilling. Later wooden casements and doors,
2 storeys, old tiled roof.
One of the very few leper hospitals of the early middle ages still surviving.
VCH, viii, p.438.

Nos 4, 5 and 6 St Michael's Court with Nos 108 and 108A form a group
considerable historic significance


Listing NGR: SP2770265422

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.