History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Baddesley Clinton House, Stables Approximately 10 Metres North East

A Grade II Listed Building in Baddesley Clinton, Warwickshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.3411 / 52°20'28"N

Longitude: -1.708 / 1°42'28"W

OS Eastings: 419992

OS Northings: 271489

OS Grid: SP199714

Mapcode National: GBR 4K2.701

Mapcode Global: VHBX7.BFX4

Entry Name: Baddesley Clinton House, Stables Approximately 10 Metres North East

Listing Date: 11 April 1967

Last Amended: 16 February 1990

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1364991

English Heritage Legacy ID: 308267

Location: Baddesley Clinton, Warwick, Warwickshire, B93

County: Warwickshire

District: Warwick

Civil Parish: Baddesley Clinton

Traditional County: Warwickshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire

Church of England Parish: Baddesley Clinton

Church of England Diocese: Birmingham

Find accommodation in
Lapworth

Listing Text

BADDESLEY CLINTON
SP17SE
1/5 Baddesley Clinton House,
11/04/67 Stables approx. 10m NE
(Formerly listed as Stables
and gateway and walls to North
forecourt)
GV II
Stables. Probably c.1714, C19 alterations. Brick; old plain tile roof; brick end
stack to right; C19 ventilation shaft to centre with false timber framing
louvres to top; lead ogee roof to ventilation shaft. Single-storey and attic;
5-bay range. Single-light casements to left and right of centre. Plank door with
overlight to centre. Plank door to left. Loft door to left approached by brick
external stairs. Irregular fenestration of C19 metal casements. Interior: C19
horse boxes to ground flour. History: probably the "Coach Stable and Coach
Houses" built by Edward Ferrers in 1714 at the cost of 76 pounds, 17 shillings and 7
pence.
(Baddesley Clinton: National Trust Guide Book, 1986)
[ 56]


Listing NGR: SP1998871490

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.