History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Holbrook Grange

A Grade II Listed Building in Little Lawford, Warwickshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.3862 / 52°23'10"N

Longitude: -1.3015 / 1°18'5"W

OS Eastings: 447638

OS Northings: 276687

OS Grid: SP476766

Mapcode National: GBR 7P0.7T5

Mapcode Global: VHCTQ.D9B3

Entry Name: Holbrook Grange

Listing Date: 6 October 1960

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1365093

English Heritage Legacy ID: 308815

Location: Little Lawford, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23

County: Warwickshire

District: Rugby

Civil Parish: Little Lawford

Traditional County: Warwickshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire

Church of England Parish: Newbold-on-Avon St Botolph

Church of England Diocese: Coventry

Find accommodation in
Brinklow

Listing Text

LITTLE LAWFORD
SP47NE
3/29 Holbrook Grange
06/10/60

- II

Country house. Main range dated 1804; left range dated 1847. Built for John
Caldecott. Sandstone ashlar with sill courses and moulded cornices. Right return
side and rear of colourwashed brick; service wing to rear of brick. Slate hipped
roofs behind parapets; brick ridge and internal stacks. T-plan with wing to
rear. Neoclassical style. 3-storey, 3-window main range; 2-storey, 2-window left
range. Symmetrical main range has fielded 6-panelled door and overlight with
fanlight. Porch has 2 Greek Doric columns in antis. Ground floor has tripartite
sashes with moulded frames and panelled blind boxes set in segmental arches with
fan decoration. First floor and left range have sashes. Second floor has 6-pane
sashes. Parapet has fluted urns to angles. Left range has C19 blind boxes to
ground floor. Irregular rear has 2-storey canted bay. Datestones to rear wing
and addition. Interior: entrance hall has stone-flagged floor and moulded dentil
cornice. Late C19 dummy fireplace. Moulded basket arch to staircase. Curved
dog-leg staircase with turned mahogany balusters and moulded handrail. Room to
left has husk garland frieze and leaf cornice. Reeded white marble fireplace has
central plaque. Room in left range has similar frieze and cornice, and white
marble fireplace with consoles. Room to rear has reeded window architraves.
Moulded 6-panelled doors throughout.


Listing NGR: SP4763876687

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.