History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Stable Block and Coach House Approximately 40 Metres North of Blyth Hall and Attached Mounting Block and Gatepier

A Grade II Listed Building in Shustoke, Warwickshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.5093 / 52°30'33"N

Longitude: -1.6928 / 1°41'34"W

OS Eastings: 420944

OS Northings: 290195

OS Grid: SP209901

Mapcode National: GBR 4GY.QTP

Mapcode Global: VHBWG.L6X7

Entry Name: Stable Block and Coach House Approximately 40 Metres North of Blyth Hall and Attached Mounting Block and Gatepier

Listing Date: 11 November 1952

Last Amended: 23 March 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1365139

English Heritage Legacy ID: 309088

Location: Shustoke, North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, B46

County: Warwickshire

District: North Warwickshire

Civil Parish: Shustoke

Traditional County: Warwickshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire

Church of England Parish: Whitacres, Lea Marston and Shustoke

Church of England Diocese: Birmingham

Find accommodation in
Coleshill

Listing Text

SHUSTOKE COLESHILL ROAD
SP2090 (North side)
Blyth Hall
11/183 Stable block and coach house
11/11/52 approx. 40m N of Blyth Hall
and attached mounting block
and gatepier)
(Formerly listed under
Blyth Hall with stables and
pigeoncote)
GV II
Stables and coach-house. 1704. Red brick. Plain-tiled roof with shaped gable end
parapets on kneelers. Central shaped parapet to the front elevation to the yard
has been rebuilt. 2 storeys. Segmental arches to 2-small pane casements on
either side of doorway in similar arch. Coach house doorway now enlarged for
garage doorway. A mounting block adjoins at the side. At the south-east end
there is a gatepier. 1704. Red brick with stone ball finial.
(Information from Sir William Dugdale)


Listing NGR: SP2094490195

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.