This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3856 / 51°23'8"N
Longitude: -2.0543 / 2°3'15"W
OS Eastings: 396316
OS Northings: 165176
OS Grid: ST963651
Mapcode National: GBR 2TK.3FK
Mapcode Global: VHB47.BFTM
Entry Name: Group of Four Monuments Adjacent to South East Chapel of Church of St Nicholas
Listing Date: 3 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1365573
English Heritage Legacy ID: 311184
Location: Bromham, Wiltshire, SN15
Civil Parish: Bromham
Built-Up Area: Bromham (Wiltshire)
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Bromham, Chittoe and Sandy Lane
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
ST 9665 BROMHAM HIGH STREET
10/34 Group of four monuments adjacent
to south east chapel of Church
of St Nicholas
Group of four chest tombs, C18 to early C19, ashlar. From west:
a) Edwards memorial, mid C18, with 2 raised octagonal plaques each
side, decorated spandrels, centre and angle piers with fielded
panels and centre rosettes. Moulded base and cornice with
frieze broken forward over piers. Inscription to Mark Edwards
b) Kate memorial, late C18 or early C19, with slab sides and 2
plaques with incised frames. Incised panelling to centre and
angle piers. Moulded base and cornice with fluted frieze,
broken forward over plaques. Rosettes over piers. South side
inscription to ?Ann Kate died 1837.
c) Unidentified later C18 memorial with raised centre panel each
side flanked by fielded panels. North side centre has raised
roundel with egg-and-dart border, south side has fielded
rectangular panel and egg-and-dart frame. Similar fielded end
panels. Moulded base and cornice, pulvinated frieze broken
forward over centre.
d) Humphry memorial, mid C18 with 2 raised shield plaques to
south, 2 raised octagonal plaques to north, fielded panelled
piers, angle piers with centre rosettes. Moulded base and
cornice with pulvinated frieze broken forward over piers.
South side inscripton to Betty Humphry, died 1788.
Listing NGR: ST9631665176
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings