This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4687 / 51°28'7"N
Longitude: -1.717 / 1°43'1"W
OS Eastings: 419751
OS Northings: 174454
OS Grid: SU197744
Mapcode National: GBR 4WH.YGP
Mapcode Global: VHC1H.6B4X
Entry Name: Old Rectory
Listing Date: 2 September 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1365585
English Heritage Legacy ID: 311350
Location: Ogbourne St. George, Wiltshire, SN8
Civil Parish: Ogbourne St. George
Built-Up Area: Ogbourne St George
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
SU 17 SE OGBOURNE ST GEORGE HIGH STREET
7/98 Old Rectory
Rectory, now house. c1885-1900. Flemish brickwork, tile hung to
upper floor, and tiled roof. Two storeys and attics. The north,
entrance front has central wide recessed porch with finely moulded
2-centred arch, the hoodmould terminating in a cross rising to
first floor level. Ovolo-moulded timber windows, the stair window
to left leaded with coloured shields and stone quatrefoiled panels
below. Moulded mid-wall string and shaped tile hanging to first
floor. Glazed entrance doors with side lights and arcaded
overlights with stained glass. Rear elevation has 3-light
transomed windows to Dining Room and Drawing Room. Coved eaves and
hipped roof and internal ribbed brick stacks. Two large 4-light
leaded dormers each side. To east, lower 2 storey wing containing
kitchen and enclosed service yard.
Interior has good contemporary fireplaces of wood and tiling to
principal rooms. A good example of the Domestic Revival style.
Listing NGR: SU1975174454
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings