History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Camerton Court and Attached Offices and Gatepiers

A Grade II Listed Building in Camerton, Bath and North East Somerset

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.3169 / 51°19'0"N

Longitude: -2.4501 / 2°27'0"W

OS Eastings: 368730

OS Northings: 157629

OS Grid: ST687576

Mapcode National: GBR JX.XBDL

Mapcode Global: VH89H.H539

Entry Name: Camerton Court and Attached Offices and Gatepiers

Listing Date: 1 February 1956

Last Amended: 13 December 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1365682

English Heritage Legacy ID: 32673

Location: Camerton, Bath and North East Somerset, BA2

County: Bath and North East Somerset

Civil Parish: Camerton

Traditional County: Somerset

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset

Find accommodation in
Camerton

Listing Text

ST 65 NE CAMERTON C.P. CAMERTON PARK

2/7 Camerton Court and attached
offices and gatepiers
l.2.56 (Formerly listed as Camerton Court)

G.V. II

Country house. 1835 by G.S. Repton. Ashlar, offices of coursed, squared
rubble, slate and concrete tile roofs. Entrance elevation, 2 storeys,
3 windows, all sashes, ground floor are taller with moulded architrave, cornice,
cills on guttae, smaller ones at first floor have no cornice, blocking course
between, cornice, low parapet, all dominated by porte cochere on 2:1:1:2 Tuscan
columns carrying entablature and balustraded parapet; to left, a lower curved
flank wall joins a block of offices, 2 storeys, 5 windows, sashes under voussoirs,
hipped roof, to right an inserted C20 garage door is below a single sash, to
left is a pair of large square gatepiers with urns, to left of that is a hipped
single storey block, C20 garage door in end elevation, return elevation has
7 windows as offices and a round headed doorway. Garden elevation: has
2 storeys, 4 windows, those at first floor as entrance elevation, below is an
octastyle Ionic colonnade which runs, at left, into a large, canted bay, all
under balustraded parapet, windows to bay as entrance, similar french windows
behind colonnade; at left is a later single storey conservatory, 5 windows
between Ionic pilasters, paired at corners, carrying entablature and balusters,
as elsewhere, glazed roof, return elevation has pediment on 4 pilasters, blank
rear has bas-relief plaques of 1975, conservatory abuts elevation with 3 windows
as entrance. North elevation has 4 windows, as entrance, at left are steps
slightly forward, at right a rubble quadrant wall with one window connects to
block of offices, 2 storeys and basement, 7 windows, sashes, 9-pane on first
floor, hipped wing breaks forward at right. Interior: large open-well,
cantilevered stair with ornate cast iron balusters and large open wreath, top
lit by glazed dome; grand, connecting drawing and dining rooms with plaster
panelled walls and display niches.


Listing NGR: ST6873057629

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.