This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.7832 / 53°46'59"N
Longitude: -1.069 / 1°4'8"W
OS Eastings: 461442
OS Northings: 432279
OS Grid: SE614322
Mapcode National: GBR NSZP.CK
Mapcode Global: WHFD2.K55K
Entry Name: Wesleyan Methodist Church
Listing Date: 14 March 1979
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1365811
English Heritage Legacy ID: 325776
Location: Selby, Selby, North Yorkshire, YO8
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Selby
Built-Up Area: Selby
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Selby St James
Church of England Diocese: York
1. (west side)
SE 6132 SW 4/88 14.3.79
1882. Architects: Waddington and Sons of Burnley. Contractor: George Mansfield
of York. Pink brick with ashlar dressings. Hipped slate roof. Two storeys.
Parapet to outer bays., First floor string. Four bays, centre 2 with moulded gable
end, flanked by 3-storey towers with domical stone roofs. Round-arched windows
and doors, with deep shafted reveals and moulded voussoirs.
History: The site was given by the Hon E R Petre (1795-1848), the Catholic Lord
of the Manor, and a substantial benefactor of Selby. The design was "furnished"
by James Audus the younger, another local philanthropist.
Listing NGR: SE6144232279
Other nearby listed buildings