History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Boat House Approximately 250 Metres to South East of Cloverley Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Ightfield, Shropshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.9282 / 52°55'41"N

Longitude: -2.5704 / 2°34'13"W

OS Eastings: 361749

OS Northings: 336908

OS Grid: SJ617369

Mapcode National: GBR 7R.MD5D

Mapcode Global: WH9BW.HN6J

Entry Name: Boat House Approximately 250 Metres to South East of Cloverley Hall

Listing Date: 1 March 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1366480

English Heritage Legacy ID: 260561

Location: Ightfield, Shropshire, SY13

County: Shropshire

Civil Parish: Ightfield

Traditional County: Shropshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire

Church of England Parish: Calverhall (or Corra) Holy Trinity

Church of England Diocese: Lichfield

Find accommodation in
Longford

Listing Text

IGHTFIELD C.P. CALVERHALL
SJ 63 NW
SJ 6175 3691
6/10 Boat house approx. 250
- metres to south-east
of Cloverley Hall
- II

Boat house. Circa 1870, possibly by William Eden Nesfield. Timber
framed on brick plinth with vertical and horizontal matchboarding.
Slate roof. Pierced scalloped barge boards and finials with pendants.
East end with pair of elliptical-arched openings for boats, each with
a pair of wooden gates. West end with pair of lozenge-shaped openings
and matchboarded door off-centre to right. Interior: 3-bay roof; arched-
braced collar trusses with bolted V-struts. Pairs of purlins,with shaped
ends externally. 2 boat bays divided by central brick pier with tiled
walkway and decorative wooden balustrading with curved braces. Southern
boat bay shorter with former store room at west end. Cloverley Hall
(q.v.) was built in 1865-70 to the designs of Nesfield, who might also
have been responsible for the boat house. The boat house is sited
on the north-west bank of Cloverley Pool, an ornamental lake in the parkland
surrounding Cloverley Hall.


Listing NGR: SJ6174936908

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.