This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7196 / 52°43'10"N
Longitude: -2.8978 / 2°53'52"W
OS Eastings: 339453
OS Northings: 313926
OS Grid: SJ394139
Mapcode National: GBR BB.1P8K
Mapcode Global: WH8BK.GW9Z
Entry Name: Former Stable Block Approximately 15 Metres to South-West of Benthall Farmhouse
Listing Date: 18 March 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1366882
English Heritage Legacy ID: 258908
Location: Alberbury with Cardeston, Shropshire, SY5
Civil Parish: Alberbury with Cardeston
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Alberbury
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SJ 31 SE ALBERBURY WITH -
5/3 Former stable block
- approx. 15 metres to
south-west of Benthall
Stable block, now cow house. Circa 1660. Red brick on high roughly
squared and coursed red sandstone ashlar plinth; hipped slate roof. One
storey and loft. Chamfered plinth, dentil brick string course to rear, and
projecting eaves cornice. West front: 2 boarded loft doors; 4 segmental-
headed boarded 2-leaf stable doors, 2 in the centre with blocked overlights.
Left-hand end wall mostly rebuilt in C20 brick, possibly replacing external
steps to loft (see joints of probable first-floor door to right). Interior:
chamfered ceiling beams with ogee stops; timber framed square-panelled
cross-walls. The stable block is linked to Benthall Farmhouse (qv) by a
stretch of garden wall (qv).
Listing NGR: SJ3945313926
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings