This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7845 / 52°47'4"N
Longitude: -2.7543 / 2°45'15"W
OS Eastings: 349224
OS Northings: 321040
OS Grid: SJ492210
Mapcode National: GBR 7H.XPGK
Mapcode Global: WH8BF.N8NN
Entry Name: Dovecote Approximately 60 Metres to West of Lea Hall
Listing Date: 29 January 1952
Last Amended: 27 November 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1366924
English Heritage Legacy ID: 259117
Location: Pimhill, Shropshire, SY4
Civil Parish: Pimhill
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Leaton Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
BOMERE HEATH C.P. A528 (east side)
SJ 42 SE
3/56 Dovecote approx. 60
29.1.52 metres to west of
Lea Hall (formerly
listed as Lea Hall
Dovecote. Circa 1584. Red brick with blue brick diaper work. Pyramidal
stone slate roof. Octagonal plan. Chamfered grey sandstone plinth
(restored in red sandstone), toothed-brick cornice to raised eaves band,
and small wooden glover with round-arched openings and pyramidal lead
cap with weathervane. Small chamfered rectangular window to east and
small boarded door below with red sandstone lintel. Interior: approximate-
ly 300 brick resting boxes in walls with continuous brick ledges beneath.
Central wooden potence with braced horizontal spars at top and bottom
supporting ladder at ends. Lea Hall (q.v.) is dated 1584 and the dove-
cote was probably built at about the same time.
Listing NGR: SJ4922421040
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings