This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7586 / 52°45'30"N
Longitude: -2.7491 / 2°44'56"W
OS Eastings: 349546
OS Northings: 318145
OS Grid: SJ495181
Mapcode National: GBR 7H.ZBQD
Mapcode Global: WH8BF.RX3L
Entry Name: Boat House Approximately 60 Metres to South West of Albrighton Hall
Listing Date: 27 November 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1366925
English Heritage Legacy ID: 259123
Location: Pimhill, Shropshire, SY4
Civil Parish: Pimhill
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Albrighton with Battlefield St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
BOMERE HEATH C.P. ALBRIGHTON
SJ 41 NE
6/62 Boat house approx. 60
- metres to south-west of
Boat house. Probably 1885. Snecked dressed grey sandstone with flat
stone roof. Segmental-arched opening to lake; 2-light opening above
with chamfered stone mullion. Boarded door to shore side with chamfered
reveals, approached down a flight of stone steps with stepped flanking stone
walls. Interior with walkway on one side. The boat house is sited
beside a small lake in the grounds of Albrighton Hall (q.v.). The house
was enlarged in 1885 and the boat house might date from the same time.
It has sometimes been referred to as a bath house or pump house.
Listing NGR: SJ4954618145
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings