This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6072 / 52°36'25"N
Longitude: -2.9747 / 2°58'28"W
OS Eastings: 334092
OS Northings: 301489
OS Grid: SJ340014
Mapcode National: GBR B7.8VQ8
Mapcode Global: WH8C3.8QQM
Entry Name: Church of Holy Trinity
Listing Date: 21 March 1968
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1366983
English Heritage Legacy ID: 257465
Location: Worthen with Shelve, Shropshire, SY5
Civil Parish: Worthen with Shelve
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Hope
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
WORTHEN C.P. HOPE
SJ 30 SW
5/134 Church of Holy
Parish church. 1843 by Edward Haycock. Uncoursed limestone rubble
with ashlar dressings; machine tile roof has coped verges and plain
corbel table. Nave with west bellcote, chancel, south porch and north
vestry; lancet style. Nave: buttressed in 5 bays, broad lancets with
hoodmoulds and continuous moulded cill band; gabled porch in second
bay from west on south and gabled bellcote with twin pointed bell
openings over 3-light west window; gabled vestry in second bay from
west on north. Short one-bay chancel; broad lancet with hoodmould
on south; east window similar to west window of nave but with hoodmoulds.
Interior: multi-strutted collar and tie beam roof like that at Church
of Holy Trinity, Middleton, Chirbury C.P. (q.v.); otherwise very plain,
main feature -of interest being west gallery supported on 2 cast-
iron columns; plain pointed chancel arch. Majority of fittings and
furnishings including stained glass in east window (1867) are late
C19. The church is set in a picturesque churchyard and is approached
by a small wooden bridge (not included in this list) over a stream
to south. B.O.E. p.152; D. H. S. Cranage, The Churches of Shropshire,
Part 7 (1905) p.549.
Listing NGR: SJ3409201489
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings