History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Blodwel Hall and Attached Garden Wall Incorporating Outbuilding

A Grade II Listed Building in Llanyblodwel, Shropshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.7976 / 52°47'51"N

Longitude: -3.0968 / 3°5'48"W

OS Eastings: 326146

OS Northings: 322784

OS Grid: SJ261227

Mapcode National: GBR 71.WXYX

Mapcode Global: WH78Y.DYK6

Entry Name: Blodwel Hall and Attached Garden Wall Incorporating Outbuilding

Listing Date: 21 October 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1367146

English Heritage Legacy ID: 256596

Location: Llanyblodwel, Shropshire, SY10

County: Shropshire

Civil Parish: Llanyblodwel

Traditional County: Shropshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire

Church of England Parish: Llanyblodwel St Michael

Church of England Diocese: Lichfield

Find accommodation in
Llanyblodwel

Listing Text

LLANYBLODWEL C.P. -
SJ 22 SE

6/48 Blodwel Hall and attached
- garden wall incorporating
outbuilding

GV II

Farmhouse. Early C19 remodelling of house dated 1707; later additions
and alterations. Red brick (mixed bond) to early C18 part and larger
red bricks to C19 additions. Original T-shaped house given second floor
in early C19 when present windows were inserted and chimneys built; late
C19 red brick addition in angle to rear on right. 3 storeys with chamfered
plinth, moulded band to first floor and corner pilasters reaching to heads
of first-floor windows, all belonging to C18 house; toothed eaves cornice
contemporary with raising of eaves. 3 widely spaced windows; 16-paned
glazing bar sashes with slightly cambered gauged heads to ground and first
floors, horizontal sliding sashes directly below eaves. Entrance immediately
to right of centre window; C19 half-glazed door with rectangular overlight
and narrow flanking windows under gabled timber porch. Re-set datestone
directly above to second floor has superscription "IBU / 1707" to plain
armorial shield. Large integral end stack to left with narrower ridge
stack to left of centre and integral end stack to right, all with moulded
capping. Another stack to rear range at junction with main range.
Garden wall: attached to north-west corner of house. Early C18. Red
brick (mixed bond) to garden side and uncoursed limestone rubble to rear;
ashlar coping. After distance of approximately 30m turns at right-angles
to west for approximately 45m to meet summerhouse (q.v.). Incorporates
contemporary outbuilding with graded slate roof in north-east angle.
Interior. Not inspected but likely to retain some features of interest.
Cellar to right.


Listing NGR: SJ2614622784

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.