This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2248 / 53°13'29"N
Longitude: -1.6254 / 1°37'31"W
OS Eastings: 425108
OS Northings: 369815
OS Grid: SK251698
Mapcode National: GBR 57N.XK3
Mapcode Global: WHCD8.069M
Entry Name: The Old Vicarage
Listing Date: 19 June 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1367478
English Heritage Legacy ID: 81697
Location: Edensor, Derbyshire Dales, Derbyshire, DE45
District: Derbyshire Dales
Civil Parish: Edensor
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: Edensor St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Derby
PARISH OF EDENSOR JAPP LANE
7/129 (East Side)
Nos 1-2 The Old
House, made into a vicarage in 1838 and now a pair of houses.
Late C18, remodelled in 1838, possibly by Paxton and Robertson.
Coursed squared sandstone and ashlar. Welsh slate roof with
ashlar ridge, gable and lateral stacks. Overhanging eaves with
paired brackets. Two and three storeys. South elevation
asymmetrical of six bays. The two bays to the left have two
glazing bar sashes to each floor. Projecting porch bay to right
has an entrance with moulded shouldered arch, keystone and
moulded cornice. Half glazed door. Glazing bar sash in eared
surround above. Projecting gabled bay to right has a projecting
tripartite window with cornice and pseudo parapet. Glazing bar
sash above in moulded surround and smaller glazing bar sash
above again. The return wall to the right has glazing bar
sashes. To the right an extruded bay to the ground floor with
two glazing bar sashes. Another glazing bar sash to the right
and two similar above. Full height canted bay window to the
east. The projecting gabled bay has first and second floor
bands. Interior: open string staircase with cast iron
balusters. Various marble chimneypieces.
Listing NGR: SK2510869815
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings