History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Park Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Alvescot, Oxfordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7361 / 51°44'9"N

Longitude: -1.6079 / 1°36'28"W

OS Eastings: 427169

OS Northings: 204224

OS Grid: SP271042

Mapcode National: GBR 5TW.29D

Mapcode Global: VHC06.2MSH

Entry Name: Park Farmhouse

Listing Date: 12 September 1955

Last Amended: 4 May 1989

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1367677

English Heritage Legacy ID: 253316

Location: Alvescot, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX18

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire

Civil Parish: Alvescot

Built-Up Area: Alvescot

Traditional County: Oxfordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire

Church of England Parish: Alvescot

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Alvescot

Listing Text

SP2604-2704 ALVESCOT LOWER END
(South-west side)
9/6 Park Farmhouse
12/09/55 (Formerly listed as Park
House)

6V II
Farmhouse. Dated RKM 1741 on plaque. Limestone, faced in ashlar to front and
right side, remainder rubble. Stone slate roof, flanking chimneys with C20 brick
shafts. L-plan. 2 storeys and attic, double fronted to south. Rubble stone
plinth with moulded coping, raised first floor band-course and quoins, moulded
stone eaves cornice. Coped gables, that to rear with ball finial. Front has
4-pane sashes to ground floor, 2-light barred wooden casements above, and
smaller 2-light leaded casement to centre of first floor. Central C19 6-panelled
door with semi-circular radiating fanlight, fan ornament to spandrels, and
semi-circular stone hood on shaped stone brackets. All front openings have stone
lintels with keyblocks. Right side has date plaque in gable end, and 2-bay rear
wing with 2-light wood and metal casements below wooden lintels. Wing also has 2
gabled dormers with paired leaded casements, and half-glazed door to left with
semi-circular stone hood. To far end of wing is a later rubble stone bay with
3-light casements, formerly bakehouse and store. Outshot to rear of south wing.
C20 conservatory in rear angle. Interior has contemporary staircases, the main
one with 3 turned balusters per tread, moulded handrail and pendants, the back
stairs with winders.


Listing NGR: SP2716904224

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.