This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9121 / 51°54'43"N
Longitude: -1.6265 / 1°37'35"W
OS Eastings: 425791
OS Northings: 223799
OS Grid: SP257237
Mapcode National: GBR 5RQ.3M3
Mapcode Global: VHBZD.R6JH
Entry Name: Barn Approximately 35 Metres North West of Kingham House
Listing Date: 15 May 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1367806
English Heritage Legacy ID: 254032
Location: Kingham, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX7
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Kingham
Built-Up Area: Kingham
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Kingham and Daylesford
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
KINGHAM CHURCH STREET
SP2423-2523 (West side)
17/137 Barn approx. 35m NW of
Barn. Dated 1767 with minor later alterations. Roughly coursed limestone rubble
with alternating angle quoins; stone slate roof with coped verges and carved
apexes. Wide entrance to left with opposing entrance to rear; elliptical arch
with double doors to right of centre and stable door with wood lintel to far
right. 12 tiers of pigeon nesting holes (mostly infilled) and ledges to right
gable end, which has date "1767" carved on quoin to front corner. Interior.
Collar and tie beam roof in 6 bays with double butt-purlins. Several reused
timbers. Loft inserted in third to fifth bays from left. Possibly a tithe barn
associated with the former rectory (q.v. under Kingham House).
Listing NGR: SP2578823796
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings