This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8473 / 51°50'50"N
Longitude: -1.3531 / 1°21'11"W
OS Eastings: 444656
OS Northings: 216717
OS Grid: SP446167
Mapcode National: GBR 7WJ.0QR
Mapcode Global: VHCX6.HTHR
Entry Name: The Old Malt House
Listing Date: 27 July 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1368016
English Heritage Legacy ID: 253077
Location: Woodstock, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX20
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Woodstock
Built-Up Area: Woodstock (West Oxfordshire) B
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Woodstock
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
WOODSTOCK HENSINGTON ROAD
SP4416NE (North side)
10/85 No.1 (The Old Malt House) and
Row of 4 dwellings; No.1 is part of Hope House, Oxford Street (q.v.). c.1720 to
left, extended in late C18. Squared and coursed limestone; ashlar walling to
Nos.1 and 3, built at same time as Hope House (q.v.). Gabled concrete tile roof,
with stone slates to No.1; brick ridge and end stacks. 8-unit plan. 2 storeys;
9-window range. Keyed segmental arches over C20 doors and late C18 six-pane
sashes; 3-window range to left has timber lintels over late C19 doors, 6-pane
and 8-pane sashes and flat stone arch over C20 window. Small one-storey range to
right remodelled as garage. Interior: No.1 has chamfered beams and stone
segmental-arched fireplace with reset late C17 Baroque carvings to one jamb.
Nos.3-7 not inspected. Nos.l and 3, contemporary with rear wing of Hope House,
(q.v.), were formerly part of the Malt House owned by Miles Parker of Hope
House. Included for group value.
Listing NGR: SP4465616717
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings