This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9402 / 51°56'24"N
Longitude: -1.5458 / 1°32'45"W
OS Eastings: 431317
OS Northings: 226953
OS Grid: SP313269
Mapcode National: GBR 6SS.60Q
Mapcode Global: VHBZ8.5H4H
Entry Name: Auto Spares doctors Surgery
Listing Date: 20 June 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1368153
English Heritage Legacy ID: 251692
Location: Chipping Norton, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX7
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Chipping Norton
Built-Up Area: Chipping Norton
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Chipping Norton with Over Norton
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
CHIPPING NORTON WEST STREET
- Nos 12 and 14 (Doctors'
GV Surgery and Auto Spares)
Houses, now surgery and shop. Circa 1730 refronting of earlier house. Coursed
and squared rubblestone with ashlar quoins, dressings and projecting keystones.
Gabled machine tiled roof with 2 moulded stone stacks, that to the S with brick
cap. One build of 2 storeys. No 12 is a 2-window range all openings having large
pane sashes. Door of 6 fielded panels with a rectangular fanlight to left-hand
and C20 small pane glazed door and window giving access to the surgery on the
right-hand. No 14 has a C19 large pane tripartite sash to the first floor and
a C20 projecting shop front with central door and flanking bows. The railings
outside the basement entry to No 12 are 1950s neo-Georgian with acorn finials.
Listing NGR: SP3131726953
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings