This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9777 / 51°58'39"N
Longitude: -1.4175 / 1°25'3"W
OS Eastings: 440105
OS Northings: 231181
OS Grid: SP401311
Mapcode National: GBR 6SC.VVX
Mapcode Global: VHBZ4.CKZ8
Entry Name: Stable Range at Gyle's Farm
Listing Date: 15 August 1979
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1368202
English Heritage Legacy ID: 251844
Location: Great Tew, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX7
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Great Tew
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Great Tew
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
GREAT TEW B4031
SP43SW (South side)
3/33 Stable range at Gyles's Farm
15/08/79 (Formerly listed as Barn and
stable block at Gyles Farm)
Stables. Early C19. Coursed squared marlstone with ashlar dressings;
Stonesfield-slate roofs. Single range on 2 levels. One storey plus loft. Both
sections have a stable door between slatted windows, all with labels which on
the slightly later lower section, to left, are linked. Loft doors in the right
section and in the left gable of the lower section, the latter with label.
Interiors not inspected. The buildings form an important element in the farm
landscape developed by J.C. Loudon c.1810, and developed by the Boulton family.
Listing NGR: SP4010531181
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings