History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Lord's Farmhouse, and Attached Barn, Wall and Stable

A Grade II Listed Building in Eynsham, Oxfordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7805 / 51°46'49"N

Longitude: -1.3714 / 1°22'16"W

OS Eastings: 443463

OS Northings: 209279

OS Grid: SP434092

Mapcode National: GBR 7X8.841

Mapcode Global: VHCXL.5HVX

Entry Name: Lord's Farmhouse, and Attached Barn, Wall and Stable

Listing Date: 18 February 1966

Last Amended: 17 October 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1368271

English Heritage Legacy ID: 252251

Location: Eynsham, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX29

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire

Civil Parish: Eynsham

Built-Up Area: Eynsham

Traditional County: Oxfordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire

Church of England Parish: Eynsham

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Cassington

Listing Text

EYNSHAM QUEEN STREET
SP4309 (East side)
14/170 No.2 (Lord's Farmhouse), and
18/02/66 attached barn, wall and stable
(Formerly listed as Lords
Farmhouse and attached barn)

GV II

Farmhouse. Late C17/early C18, remodelled c.1800. Coursed limestone rubble;
hipped stone slate roof; brick ridge stacks rebuilt in C20, L-plan with rear
right wing. Two storeys; 3-window range. Timber lintel over central late C18
six-panelled door, with carved brackets to open-pediment hood. Timber lintels
over 8-pane sashes with shutters to left; timber lintels over deep 6-pane sashes
flanking C19 two-light casement with glazing bars on first floor. Rear wing, of
limestone rubble with some Flemish bond brick and gabled stone slate roof, was
mainly rebuilt c.1800, Interior: C17 step-chamfered beams; stop-chamfered
bressumer over open fireplace to left; similar smaller fireplace to right
flanked by late C17/early C18 panelled cupboard doors, First floor not
inspected. Subsidiary features; barn to left, of similar materials, with timber
lintel over plank double doors; 3 metres long wall to rear of barn is connected
to late C18 stable of similar materials.


Listing NGR: SP4346309279

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.