This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.666 / 51°39'57"N
Longitude: -1.4799 / 1°28'47"W
OS Eastings: 436064
OS Northings: 196483
OS Grid: SU360964
Mapcode National: GBR 6X4.JND
Mapcode Global: VHC0N.9DG6
Entry Name: Lake House
Listing Date: 21 November 1966
Last Amended: 15 January 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1368424
English Heritage Legacy ID: 250995
Location: Pusey, Vale of White Horse, Oxfordshire, SN7
District: Vale of White Horse
Civil Parish: Pusey
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Gainfield
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
3/165 Lake House
21/11/66 (Formerly listed as The
Rectory, now house. c.1830. Squared and coursed limestone, ashlar string and
door dressings; Welsh slate roof; brick stack to left, stone stack finished in
brick to right. Double depth central-staircase plan. Regency style. 2 storeys
and attic; 3-window range. Plain semi-circular arch over C20 door with fanlight.
Flat stone arches over 6-pane sashes. Plain string course; central gabled
dormer. End stacks, external to right; gabled roof. Similar windows to sides and
rear, except semi-circular arch with ashlar dressings to rear stair-light, over
early C19 porch. Interior not inspected. 2-storey, 3-window range of c.1970 in
similar materials to left of front.
Listing NGR: SU3606496483
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings