This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6905 / 51°41'25"N
Longitude: -1.366 / 1°21'57"W
OS Eastings: 443924
OS Northings: 199268
OS Grid: SU439992
Mapcode National: GBR 7Y7.X2D
Mapcode Global: VHCXZ.8RQZ
Entry Name: Tubney Warren House and Attached Walls
Listing Date: 6 July 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1368545
English Heritage Legacy ID: 249555
Location: Fyfield and Tubney, Vale of White Horse, Oxfordshire, OX13
District: Vale of White Horse
Civil Parish: Fyfield and Tubney
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Fyfield with Tubney
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
FYFIELD AND TUBNEY FARINGDON ROAD
SU49NW (South side)
5/57 Tubney Warren House and
House. c.1730-40: refronted c.1840. Stucco front to walls of coursed limestone
rubble with brick quoins and dressings; gabled Welsh slate roof; brick
symmmetrical end stacks. Double-depth plan. 2 storeys. Symmetrical 3-window
range. Pedimented Doric porch: C20 door, and C19 double-leaf half-glazed inner
doors. 6-pane sashes to all windows. Rusticated ground floor is divided from
first floor by an undulate scrolled band: pilasters at ends. Three C18 ranges to
rear with gabled roofs have flat brick arches over narrowed openings and sashes
in outer bays. Lower added range to left. Interior: fine mid C18 dog-leg with
landing staircase has turned and twisted balusters: said to have been reset.
Subsidiary features: fine attached walls of limestone rubble with stepped brick
cornice: wall encloses rectangle approx. 20 x 50m. and is joined to a barn
(q.v.) at north-north-east corner.
Listing NGR: SU4392499268
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings