This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7604 / 51°45'37"N
Longitude: -1.2607 / 1°15'38"W
OS Eastings: 451119
OS Northings: 207120
OS Grid: SP511071
Mapcode National: GBR 8YY.L26
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.30CR
Entry Name: 21, Banbury Road
Listing Date: 28 June 1972
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1369320
English Heritage Legacy ID: 245294
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX2
Electoral Ward/Division: North
Built-Up Area: Oxford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Giles
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 5107 SW 3/107
Dated 1879. To design of Sir T G Jackson. 2-storeyed red brick rendered
with red terra-cotta mouldings. 5 1st-floor sash windows with segmental
keystoned architraves. Moulded strings, ornamental frieze and 6 Corinthian
pilasters. Red tiled hipped roof with a lantern and moulded brick end-chimney
stacks. Former Girls' High School, now part of the Nuclear Science Laboratories.
Nos 7 to 21 (odd) form a group.
Listing NGR: SP5111907120
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings