This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.763 / 51°45'46"N
Longitude: -1.2162 / 1°12'58"W
OS Eastings: 454186
OS Northings: 207431
OS Grid: SP541074
Mapcode National: GBR 8YZ.KB3
Mapcode Global: VHCXN.VYWD
Entry Name: Manor House, Including the Stable Block to the East
Listing Date: 12 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1369430
English Heritage Legacy ID: 245716
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX3
Electoral Ward/Division: Headington
Built-Up Area: Oxford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Headington St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
including the Stable
block to the East
SP 5407 18/39 12.1.54.
Probably C18-19. House consisting of A 3-storeyed centre-piece facing Sourth
with flanking 2-storeyed recessed wings. The South elevation has an ashlar
front on rubble with a stone coved cornice and hipped brown tiled roof.
There are stone-faced and yellow brick chimney shafts. The centre-piece
has in its pediment a sundial in a blocked circular lunette, a stone band
at the 1st floor, a Doric-style 2-columned porch and 5 sash windows in plain
reveals. The East wing is slightly recessed and is of ashlar and has been
extended to the East; it has 4 sash windows. The West wing is more recessed
than the East and has 3 sash windows. The North elevation is similar but
has a well-proportioned 2-storeyed bay with 3 sash windows, a band at the
1st floor, moulded cornice and a parapet.
The contemporary stable block lies to the East and is included in the grading.
Listing NGR: SP5418607431
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings