This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7582 / 51°45'29"N
Longitude: -1.2555 / 1°15'19"W
OS Eastings: 451484
OS Northings: 206870
OS Grid: SP514068
Mapcode National: GBR 8YY.MDW
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.624J
Entry Name: Inorganic Chemistry Laboratory (Old Chemistry Department)
Listing Date: 12 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1369432
English Heritage Legacy ID: 245724
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1
Electoral Ward/Division: Holywell
Built-Up Area: Oxford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Mary the Virgin with St Cross with St Peter-in-the-East,
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 5106 NW,
SP 5106 NE, 6/114B
PARKS ROAD (East Side),
Inorganic Chemistry Laboratory (Old Chemistry Department)
(1) The 1st building was the Abbot's Kitchen built in 1860 to the South
of the Museum, the octagonal design being a copy of the kitchen at Glastonbury
Abbey. It was extended to join the Radcliffe Library in 1901; it is now
an annexe of the Library, the chimneys of Bath stone.
(2) The present main building was constructed in 1878 in Bath stone; it
was extended and reconstructed in 1929.
(The link between this building and the main block of the Museum was
altered completely by Lanchester & Lodge, 1972).
Listing NGR: SP5148406870
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings