This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7576 / 51°45'27"N
Longitude: -1.2564 / 1°15'23"W
OS Eastings: 451421
OS Northings: 206801
OS Grid: SP514068
Mapcode National: GBR 8YY.M6J
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.52NZ
Entry Name: School of Agricultural Science
Listing Date: 12 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1369433
English Heritage Legacy ID: 245729
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1
Electoral Ward/Division: Carfax
Built-Up Area: Oxford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Giles
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
(Formerly listed as
the School of Rural
Economy and the School
SP 5106 NW 5/114E 12.1.54.
Built in 1907 by Basil Champneys in Bath ashlar with Doulton stone dressings.
Additions in 1910. 2 storeys, 4 bays. 3-light mullion and transom windows
below, 4-light above. Doorway with broken semi-circular pediment. Pedimented
parapet. Tiled roof.
Listing NGR: SP5142106801
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings