This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7556 / 51°45'20"N
Longitude: -1.2598 / 1°15'35"W
OS Eastings: 451191
OS Northings: 206585
OS Grid: SP511065
Mapcode National: GBR 8YY.SD7
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.34WG
Entry Name: Extension of the Taylor Institute
Listing Date: 12 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1369442
English Heritage Legacy ID: 245854
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1
Electoral Ward/Division: Carfax
Built-Up Area: Oxford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Mary Magdalen
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
ST GILES' STREET
Extension of the
SP 5106 NW 5/523B 12.1.54.
1932 and 1938. By T H Hughes. In Bath (Monks Park), Portland and Clipham
stone. The North extension of the Taylor Institute fronting St Giles' Street.
Rusticated ground floor. Arcaded five bay piano-nobile. Heavy eaves cornice.
Listing NGR: SP5118606586
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings