This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7562 / 51°45'22"N
Longitude: -1.2478 / 1°14'52"W
OS Eastings: 452014
OS Northings: 206657
OS Grid: SP520066
Mapcode National: GBR 8YY.WWJ
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.B451
Entry Name: Church of St Cross
Listing Date: 12 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1369450
English Heritage Legacy ID: 245806
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1
Electoral Ward/Division: Holywell
Built-Up Area: Oxford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Mary the Virgin with St Cross with St Peter-in-the-East,
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
612/6/120 ST CROSS ROAD
612/24/120 (East side)
12-JAN-54 CHURCH OF ST CROSS
Parish church. (RCHM 30). C11-C12 chancel. Mid C13 west tower with top
stage of 1464; repaired 1908. North arcade and north aisle rebuilt in mid
C15. North aisle again rebuilt in 1839 except for west end, and south aisle
rebuilt 1843, J M Derick being architect. North aisle extended by organ
chamber and vestry 1876 by H J Tollit, architect. Restored 1893 by E P Warren
including new clerestory windows.
Listing NGR: SP5201106660
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings