This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.752 / 51°45'7"N
Longitude: -1.2469 / 1°14'48"W
OS Eastings: 452082
OS Northings: 206188
OS Grid: SP520061
Mapcode National: GBR 8Z4.3L6
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.B7N8
Entry Name: Magdalen College, Chapel, Great Quadrangle
Listing Date: 12 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1369672
English Heritage Legacy ID: 244981
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1
Electoral Ward/Division: Holywell
Built-Up Area: Oxford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Mary the Virgin with St Cross with St Peter-in-the-East,
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 5206 SW 10/419G 12.1.54.
Built 1474-80 with the ante-chapel at West facing on to St John's quadrangle.
In 1790 it was re-roofed by James Wyatt. In 1829-34 it was restored by
L N Cottingham and also later in C19 by G F Bodley. Fittings include C15
stalls and C17 stained glass. The buttresses on South were patched in 1910
in Pea Girt stone.
Listing NGR: SP5207806189
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings