This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0184 / 52°1'6"N
Longitude: -1.375 / 1°22'29"W
OS Eastings: 442987
OS Northings: 235737
OS Grid: SP429357
Mapcode National: GBR 7TC.F5P
Mapcode Global: VHCWF.3JYK
Entry Name: The Vicarage
Listing Date: 14 November 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1369877
English Heritage Legacy ID: 244245
Location: Bloxham, Cherwell, Oxfordshire, OX15
Civil Parish: Bloxham
Built-Up Area: Bloxham
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Bloxham
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
BLOXHAM HIGH STREET
SP4235 (Vest side)
9/142 The Vicarage
Vicarage. Designed by the vicar George Bell 1811-15, built by E. Randle. 1858
enlarged by G.E. Street. Elevation to High Street: Regular coursed hornton
rubble stone. C20 tile roof. Stone stack with brick flues to left. L-plan.
Single storey plus attic. 3-window range. Wing to left at right angles to road.
C20 door to left has limestone surround and is flanked by 2 tall narrow windows
with trefoiled heads. To right single-, 2- and 4-light windows, the latter with
half columns as mullions and trefoiled head. Stone relieving arches. Flat band
to attic. Two 2-light gabled attic dormers have stone copings. Interior not
Listing NGR: SP4298735737
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings