This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.0783 / 53°4'42"N
Longitude: -0.955 / 0°57'18"W
OS Eastings: 470098
OS Northings: 353966
OS Grid: SK700539
Mapcode National: GBR BK3.5C0
Mapcode Global: WHFHF.9WGG
Entry Name: West's the Jewellers
Listing Date: 9 February 1973
Last Amended: 20 May 1992
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1369899
English Heritage Legacy ID: 242377
Location: Southwell, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire, NG25
District: Newark and Sherwood
Civil Parish: Southwell
Built-Up Area: Southwell
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Southwell St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
1919-0/11/80 (North West side)
West's the Jewellers
(Formerly Listed as:
A A Ringer, Ltd.)
House, now shop. Late C18, altered c1880. Stucco with slate
roof. Stone plinth. 3 storeys plus garrets; 2 window range.
King street front has 2 plain sashes and above, a central
Yorkshire sash. To right, late C19 pilastered wooden shopfront
with corniced fascia. Recessed C20 door to left, single window
to right. Left gable, to Queen Street, has 2 plain sashes with
segmental heads. Above, to left, and above again in the gable,
single sashes. To left, a shopfront similar to the King Street
front, with deeply recessed door and a small window. To right,
a C19 shop window with cornice and C20 glazing.
Listing NGR: SK7009853966
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings