This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.0785 / 53°4'42"N
Longitude: -0.9549 / 0°57'17"W
OS Eastings: 470105
OS Northings: 353982
OS Grid: SK701539
Mapcode National: GBR BJX.Z90
Mapcode Global: WHFHF.9WJB
Entry Name: Pavilion
Listing Date: 9 February 1973
Last Amended: 20 May 1992
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1369900
English Heritage Legacy ID: 242381
Location: Southwell, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire, NG25
District: Newark and Sherwood
Civil Parish: Southwell
Built-Up Area: Southwell
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Southwell St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
1919-0/11/84 (North West side)
(Formerly Listed as:
John Smith (artists' supplies))
House, now shop. Late C18 and early C19, altered mid C20.
Brick with stucco front and pantile roof. Single rear wall and
single ridge stacks. 2 storeys; 2 window front. 2 glazing bar
sashes. To right, recessed C20 shopfront. To left, round
headed opening to Bull Yard. Rear range fronting Bull Yard has
to right a 2 storey colourwashed range with cogged eaves.
Blind first floor. Below, 2 fixed lights with glazing bars. To
left, taller late C18 2 storey range with dentilled eaves. At
either end, a small casement, that to right blocked.
Off-centre door with 2 casements to its right.
Listing NGR: SK7010553982
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings