History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Edgefield House Hotel and Boundary Wall

A Grade II Listed Building in North Muskham, Nottinghamshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.1279 / 53°7'40"N

Longitude: -0.8152 / 0°48'54"W

OS Eastings: 479372

OS Northings: 359625

OS Grid: SK793596

Mapcode National: GBR CKV.YGX

Mapcode Global: WHFH9.GM0Y

Entry Name: Edgefield House Hotel and Boundary Wall

Listing Date: 13 June 1973

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1369986

English Heritage Legacy ID: 242773

Location: North Muskham, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire, NG23

County: Nottinghamshire

District: Newark and Sherwood

Civil Parish: North Muskham

Built-Up Area: North Muskham

Traditional County: Nottinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire

Church of England Parish: North Muskham

Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham

Find accommodation in
Holme

Listing Text

SK 75 NE NORTH MUSKHAM VICARAGE LANE
(north side)

7/69 Edgefield House
Hotel and
13-6-73 boundary wall

G.V. II

Hotel, formerly vicarage. 1863. By G. E. Street for the Rev.
Winstanley Hall. Brick with half-hipped and gabled plain tile
roofs. Ashlar dressings. String course. Plain eaves, single
gable, 3 ridge and single side wall stacks. 3 storeys, 4 bays.
L-plan. Windows are plain sashes and C20 casements, some
mullioned and transomed. Main west front has half-hipped off-
centre projecting bay. To left, beyond coped boundary wall, a
plank door. To its right, tripartite sash and single sash. To
right again, door with decorative hinges and flanking light. To
right again, double sash. Above, to left, 2 double sashes with
relieving arches, and to right, single plain sash and single and
double casements. Above again, half-hipped cross-eaves dormer
with 2 casements. South front has projecting gabled wing to
left and to right, east wing with projecting half-hipped central
bay. 2 large mullioned and transomed windows. Above, to left,
single C20 and C19 casements with relieving arch to left, and to
right, sash with flanking lights and relieving arch. East front
has to left, projecting gabled wing, and to right, single storey
outbuilding, 2 bays. To left, a tripartite sash and a plain
sash, and to right, 2 C20 casements. Above, off-centre mullioned
sash, flanked by single sashes. North gable has first floor band
and pilaster strips above it. Single mullioned sashes on first
two floors, and above again, C20 casement. Interior has dogleg
staircase with winder and landing. Crenellated square newels,
chamfered splat balusters and moulded handrail. 2 moulded ashlar
Gothic fireplaces with chamfered corners and corbelled marble
shalves. Said to be by G. A. Stephenson of York. Outside, brick
boundary wall to north, with shaped brick coping and gateway with
stepped coping.


Listing NGR: SK7937259625

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.