History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Ollerton and Boughton, Nottinghamshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.2093 / 53°12'33"N

Longitude: -0.985 / 0°59'5"W

OS Eastings: 467885

OS Northings: 368508

OS Grid: SK678685

Mapcode National: GBR 9G0.XF1

Mapcode Global: WHFGT.VL4J

Entry Name: Church Hall

Listing Date: 2 June 1977

Last Amended: 28 April 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1370129

English Heritage Legacy ID: 241856

Location: Ollerton and Boughton, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire, NG22

County: Nottinghamshire

District: Newark and Sherwood

Civil Parish: Ollerton and Boughton

Built-Up Area: New Ollerton

Traditional County: Nottinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Ollerton with Boughton

Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham

Find accommodation in
Boughton

Listing Text

BOUGHTON CHURCH LANE
SK 66 NE
(north side)
3/5 Church Hall (formerly
listed under Pickin's Row)
2.6.77

G.V. II

Church hall, formerly school. 1859. For W. J. Pickin. Gothic
Revival style. Red and yellow brick with slate roof. Rendered
plinth, moulded dentillated eaves, shaped bargeboards with
finials, single ridge stack. Single and 2 storeys, 5 unequal
bays, L-plan. Windows are mostly pointed casements with timber Y
tracery, restored. West front has projecting gabled 2 storey bay
to left with 2 storey pointed headed recess containing a square
headed traceried casement. To right, in return angle, gabled
angled porch with C20 door. To right again, 3 recesses, each
with a casement. To right again, gabled porch with close boarded
door and overlight, flanked by single diamond recesses, that to
right containing stone inscribed "Founded by W. J. and S. M.
Pickin, 24th September 1859 Laus Deo". Above, to left, a
traceried double casement. South gable has a full height recess
containing altered 3 light traceried casement. Gabled north end,
has central plain sash flanked by single recessed panels with
dentillated heads, containing, to left, a casement and to right,
blocked window, both with rubbed brick heads. To right again,
similar panel with dentillated head. Above, central pointed
recess containing casement with rubbed brick head. East side has
C20 flat roofed addition and above, sloping C20 dormer.


Listing NGR: SK6788568508

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.