This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.9329 / 52°55'58"N
Longitude: -1.1324 / 1°7'56"W
OS Eastings: 458414
OS Northings: 337629
OS Grid: SK584376
Mapcode National: GBR LSX.ZS
Mapcode Global: WHDGZ.KJZX
Entry Name: Musters Road Methodist Church
Listing Date: 13 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1370138
English Heritage Legacy ID: 241799
Location: Rushcliffe, Nottinghamshire, NG2
Electoral Ward/Division: Trent Bridge
Built-Up Area: West Bridgford
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: West Bridgford
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
SK 53 NE WEST BRIDGFORD MUSTERS ROAD
1/8 Musters Road
Methodist Church. 1899. By R. C. Sutton. Late C14 style.
Tooled and plain ashlar. Lead and slate gabled roofs. Chamfered
plinth, moulded string course and eaves band, crenellated
parapets, shouldered coped gables. Scrolled gutter brackets.
Single side wall and single gable stacks. Windows are mullioned
leaded casements with elliptical heads, and triple lancets with
depressed ogee heads. South west tower, nave and chancel under
continuous roof, north and south aisles, north and south
transepts. South west tower, 2 stages, has 4 pairs of battered
corner buttresses, 2 setoffs. Deep modillioned eaves. Square
leaded tent roof with finial and wind vane. First stage has to
south, triple casement and above, 2 smaller double casements.
West side has a pair of doors with moulded surround, wavy impost
band, and lamp bracket. Above, 2 double casements. North and
east sides blank. Above, on south and west sides, moulded panel
containing clock. On each side, a triple louvred opening. Nave
west end has 2 triple casements and above, a 5 light Decorated
lancet with hood mould. Clerestory has on each side 4 triple
lancets. Chancel east end has similar lancet to nave west end.
North west porch has to west a casement, and to its right a door
with segmental head, leaded overlight and continuous hood mould.
Buttressed north gable has, above, double lancet with hood mould.
Buttressed aisles have each 4 triple lancets. North transept
has 2 casements to north and single casement to west. East side
has doorway with segmental head and to right, 2 casements.
Buttressed south transept has to south a triple lancet and above,
2 slit lights. South east porch has to south a door and to east
2 casements. Entrance lobby has segmental vault. North porch
has dogleg ashlar stair with coped balustrade. Both porches
have doors with segmental heads. Nave arcades, 4 bays, have
round piers with moulded segmental arches. Nave and chancel have
continuous sill band and panelled hammer beam roof. Nave west
end has C20 screen, gallery and stained glass window, 1959, by
Abbott & Co. Ltd. Aisles have plastered groin vaults. Chancel
has dwarf screen wall and panelled dado. East end has stained
glass window, 1902. South side has segmental headed opening
containing organ. Practice room has wooden Classical fireplace
and overmantel. Fittings include traceried octagonal wooden
pulpit with buttressed ashlar base. Traceried panelled communion
table. C20 lectern. Panelled and moulded stalls and desks.
Memorials include bronze tablet, 1935.
Listing NGR: SK5841437629
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings