This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.8954 / 54°53'43"N
Longitude: -1.9628 / 1°57'46"W
OS Eastings: 402480
OS Northings: 555628
OS Grid: NZ024556
Mapcode National: GBR GCQT.VY
Mapcode Global: WHB2T.T6HY
Entry Name: House
Listing Date: 15 April 1969
Last Amended: 18 June 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1370276
English Heritage Legacy ID: 240510
Location: Healey, Northumberland, DH8
Civil Parish: Healey
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Healey St John
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NZ 05 NW
10/140 House (formerly listed
15.4.69 as Minsteracres)
House, now monastery, 1758, for Silvertop family; 2nd floor added 1811 and
north block 1865 (both with dated rainwater heads), more recent extensions
to west. Squared tooled stone, tooled-and-margined on 2nd floor; slate roofs.
C18 house L-plan.
Entrance (south)front in 2 parts: at left is the end of the south wing, 3
storeys, 2 bays. Rusticated quoins, chamfered plinth, sill and 1st floor bands;
moulded former eaves cornice below 2nd floor,which has stepped eaves cornice.
Ground and 1st floor windows in architraves; later copy inserted between ground
floor windows. Plate-glass sashes or C20 casements. Hipped roof. At right
is the end of a loggia with paired Tuscan antae. At left is a 2-storey link
to Chapel (q.v.). Right return of south wing 5 bays, similar fenestration
above loggia, which has later glazing except in 1st bay. Stepped and corniced
ridge stack with conjoined shafts. Right part of south front 7 bays, similar
fenestration and detail except for glazed double doors in pedimented doorcase
in bay 4 and C19 alteration to bays 6 and 7; tall sash window in moulded
surround with pedimented hood on brackets. East front, 2 storeys, the lower
taller, 8 bays. 4-bay left part has tripartite bay with Tuscan pilasters;
projecting 4-bay right part has tall ground-floor sashes in moulded surrounds
with pedimented hoods on brackets. North front 7 bays, 5-bay part to right
projecting with large segmental bow. Later extensions to right not of interest.
Interior: High Victorian decoration in Morning Room, Ballroom (former library)
and Chapel (former dining room); painted gilded coffered ceilings; carved
chimneypieces by Lough.
Listing NGR: NZ0248055628
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings